With the Charter TV App, you now have even more choice in where and how you watch your favorite programming at no extra charge. Watch live TV programming, browse 14 days of guide listings, schedule recordings, get recommendations and more. You can even use your device as a remote to change channels on your TV. With the Charter TV App you now have full control of your TV experience in the palm of your hands.
Note: The Charter TV App is currently not available in Colorado, Montana, Utah and Wyoming. We will notify you when it does become available in these states.
- Watch Live Channels on your mobile device anywhere in your home
- Watch Showtime channels anywhere you go with a WiFi connection (Showtime subscription required)
- Browse On Demand content and play it on your TV
- Schedule DVR recordings (Motorola Digital Set-Top Box Required)
- Browse the Guide and search for content
- Use your device to change channels on your home TV
- And more!
There is no additional charge for the App.
Click here for the Charter service requirements required to access the Charter TV App.
iPad®, iPhone® and iPod Touch® running iOS 5.1 or higher
You can check and update your iOS version by going to Settings > General> Software Update.
All Kindle Fire models, including the new Kindle Fire HDX, are supported except for the 1st Generation Kindle Fire.
Note: Go to Settings > Device > About and confirm your System Version does NOT start with 6. If it starts with 6, you have the 1st generation Kindle Fire which is NOT supported.
All tablets running Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and above are supported.
Note: Android Smartphones are not yet supported.
Minimum Charter Service Requirements
Basic access provides a limited Charter TV App experience. Customers have the ability to log in to the App, view the guide, search for upcoming airisngs, add to your watchlist, discover kid-friendly programming via Kid Zone, and browse on Demand.
- Available to all customers who subscribe to both Charter TV and Charter Internet services.
*Charter authorized modem connected to a secured wireless router required. Support for Charter TV customers without Charter Internet coming soon.
Full access: Ability to stream live TV, set recordings or reminders and use your device as a remote to change channels
- Charter TV Expanded Basic Video Service (or higher)
- Charter authorized modem connected to a secured wireless router
- Compatible receiver to access tuning and DVR functions
Customers with Limited Basic Video Service (or higher) will be able to access the Guide features and DVR functions if they have a compatible Digital Set-Top Box
- Motorola Digital Set-Top Boxes can access Guide features and DVR functions
- Cisco/Scientific Atlanta Digital Set-Top Boxes CANNOT access DVR functions at this time
Channels Available for Live Streaming*
Inside Your Home
*Channel availability varies by market
BBC World News
BTN (Big Ten Network)
CNN Headline News (HLN)
Fox Movie Channel
Fox Soccer (FXX)
Fox Sports 1
Fox Sports 2
GSN (Game Show Network)
|Hallmark Movie Channel
HSN (Home Shopping Network)
IFC (Independent Film Channel)
Lifetime Movie Network
Starz Kids & Family
The Golf Channel
The Movie Channel
The Movie Channel Extra
Turner Classic Movies
Outside Your Home
back to top »
Installing the Charter TV App
- Go to the App store on your device, search for Charter TV and install the Charter TV App. The app icon will look like this:
- Locate the Charter TV App on your device and tap to open.
Login to the Charter TV App
- Open the Charter TV icon on your device
- Enter your Charter.net Email address and password. Click here for information on finding your Charter.net Email address and password
- Tap the Login button once you've entered your credentials.
- Tap Accept on the License Agreement screen
- Tap OK on the Adult Content Warning screen to proceed. By tapping OK, you acknowledge the application contains content that may not be appropriate for all age groups
- The Charter TV App home screen displays
Create a Login
If you do not currently have a Charter.net Email address and password you can create on using the Charter TV app.
- From the login screen tap the Create Account button
- Enter information in the required fields and tap Next
Note: Only Account Number and Last Name are required fields
If you need assistance while on the login screen, you can access help information.
- From the login screen, tap the Need Help? button
- The Support Contact information displays
back to top »
Navigating The Charter TV App
Note: The Charter TV App is only available in landscape view on tablet devices. The portrait view is not currently supported.
Browse Panel Tiles
There are various options available to view the content titles available in the home panel.
- Swipe Left or Right to view additional titles
- Tap the Browse All button to view the titles on one page
- Tap the Sort button and select either A-Z or Z-A to arrange the titles
- Click the Back button to exit Browse All and return to the previous screen
You can customize the home page panels to provide convenient access to your favorite content.
- On the home screen scroll down and tap the Plus icon (+) in the lower left
- To add a panel tap, the Plus icon (+) for your desired panel under Add a Panel
- To remove a panel tap, the X icon for your desired panel under Your Panels
- Reorganize the order the panels will display on the home page by using the reorder icon to change the positioning of each panel within the listing.
- When finished tap the Done button to exit the window
You have the option to add your favorite channels to the My Favorites panel for easy accessibility.
Note: Adding a favorite channel using the Charter TV App will not impact your favorite channel list on your Digital Set-Top Box
- Tap the Edit icon in the My Favorites panel to access the channels list
- Scroll through the channel list and tap the Heart icon next to the channel(s) you want to add. Tap the heart a second time to remove it. Tap Done when you are finished
- Your selected channels will be displayed in the My Favorites panel
Search for Titles
You can use the search feature of the Charter TV App to search for a specific title, genre or other criteria such as an actor's name to locate titles.
- On the Charter TV App home screen tap the Search icon (Magnifying Glass)
- Using the keypad, enter title, genre or actor you are looking for. A list automatically displays with the titles available
- Tap the Browse All link to view additional titles
- The List View of the titles displays by default. Swipe down to view additional titles
You can browse On Demand content and play it on your TV. At this time you cannot playback On Demand content on your mobile device.
After deciding on a title, tap on that title to find out if it is available to watch now on your TV or schedule a recording on your DVR.
- Tap the desired title to access the options
- Tap an available option
- SEND TO TV - View on your TV
- WATCHLIST - Add the title to your Watchlist for later viewing on your TV
When selecting a program you can view more info by swiping down.
- Episodes – Details on previous episodes of a series (If available)
- More Like This – Displays titles similar to your selected title
- Cast & Crew – Displays a list of the people involved in making the program content, including actors and actresses. Tap on a cast or crew members name to view additional information
- Photos – Displays still photos of content from the selected program.
Access all the content that is currently available for viewing using your device by tapping the Live TV button. Simply tap a program from the available list to begin viewing.
Note: If the program is not listed under Live TV, it is currently not available for viewing using your device.
back to top »
Navigating the Guide
Access the Guide
The Guide page provides you with the ability to view channel and content listings, filter favorite channels, search for, watch and record specific programming.
- Tap Guide to access the Guide page
Note: The current time is displayed according to your Time Zone
- View channel programming listings by scrolling the guide to left or right, up or down
To display channels according to content categories in the Guide, follow these steps:
- Tap Filter
- Tap the category you wish to view
- Tap the desired category list to view the related content
- To remove the filters, tap Clear Filters
When searching for a specific channel number, you can scroll using the Sort function, also called channel scrubber, to locate channels with ease.
Tapping Sort a second time allows customers to sort the channels in alphabetical order.
You can view the listings for a specific network.
- Tap on your desired Network Name on the left
- Tap on a program to view the available options
The Guide provides channel content listings scheduled for up to 14 days, allowing you to determine what programming is available for a specific date in the future.
- Tap the drop down arrow next to today's date
- Scroll down the list to locate and select the desired date
Viewing and Recording
After locating your desired programming simply tap the listing to display viewing and recording options.
- Tap the program in the listings to access the available options
- Tap an available option
- Play - Begin viewing the selected program
- Choose Cable Box - Choose which TV you want to change channels on or record to
- Send to TV - Change your TV to that program
- Record - Schedule the program to record on a DVR (Motorola set-top boxes only)
You have two ways to ways to Play content:
- On Device- Tap the PLAY button to start watching on your tablet or smartphone (Live TV Only)
- On TV - Choose the cable box you want to watch on and tap the SEND TO TV button (Live or On Demand Content with compatible Digital Receiver)
- Done - Stop viewing the program
- TV icon – View the program on the TV
- More Info – View information on the program currently playing
- Play/Pause – Pause or play a program
- Closed Captioning – Turn Closed Captioning on or off
- Volume Control – Slide left or right to turn volume down or up
Record (Motorola Set-Top Boxes Only)
Select your desired DVR then tap the appropriate recording option
- Record – Record a single listing
- Record Series – Record all upcoming episodes of a series
My Account Options
You can access the My Account page by tapping the My Account icon at the bottom of the home page. The My Account page allows you to:
- View your billing summary
- View your current Charter services
- Manage your Digital Set-Top boxes, including naming equipment for easy identification
back to top »